Rockler helps to add kitchen storage

by Maryann on September 28, 2011

Hi guys!  It’s Maryann from Domestically Speaking.  Today I’m sharing with you guys how I added some organization storage to my kitchen.

Here’s what I used:
Rockler’s Sink Front Tip-Out Trays

drill

pencil

level

1st Step: You need to remove your false drawer fronts.  Mine were stapled on, but some are held by screws.

2nd Step:  Take the hinge and place it on the interior of your opening, at the base and mark your openings with a pencil. (It will be flush the edge of the cabinet) The hinges are marked with a “L” or “R” for your left and right side.

3rd Step:  You can drill pilot holes to make it easier to put in the screws.  Screw in the screws.  Repeat on the other side.

4th Step:  Here I’ll save you a little grief.  I followed the directions which gives this step as the last step, but I promise you… it’s easier to do it it now!  You want to use a level and mark on your front panels where you want to place your trays.  Drill a pilot hole and screw in the screws most of the way, but you want to leave enough space to be able to remove the trays for cleaning, etc. (They hook onto the screws)  Leave the trays off for now, so you have more room to work.

5th Step:  Attaching the panel to the hinge.  This was the hardest part, mainly because of space.  In fact I got a nice scratch on my hand.  You can pull the hinge out to make it easier to attach the panel from the outside or climb under the sink with a flashlight to install.

6th Step:  Once the hinge is attached to the panel front you can hang your trays on the screws.

Once you’re done you’ll have a great place to store your sponges, brushes and it even comes with a cute little ring holder if you like to remove your ring while doing dishes.

Don’t you just love things that keep you more organized!

Come by for a visit…

Domestically Speaking

L.D. Johnson October 5, 2011 at 12:51 am

I did a kitchen & bathroom some years ago using Rockler parts, they worked out great!! –Luke–

Mark Rosen December 24, 2012 at 9:44 am

Where did you get the trays

Sarah B December 26, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Where did you get the holders from?

Barb A. December 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I remember seeing one of these when we were house hunting. Good to know you can install them later and they don’t have to come with the cabinets! Do you put a drawer pull or handle on the front of these then?

D March 4, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Just installed mine today and man was it tough.. with the little space and the hinges snapping back into position it just wasn’t happening. I ended up taking off the springs on the hinges.. (so now i have to manually push it back in when i take something out..) and i ended up screwing the hinges to the panel before screwing them to the inside of the frame. though I agree that it was much easier to put the screws in for the tray before putting it all together..

Jessica Brazell April 11, 2013 at 7:11 pm

So inspired! Thanks for posting! :)

Helen August 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm

I did this with our new house. Buy them special order at Home Depot. I had to go to the cabinet section and sit with a sales person to order. I paid $30. So worth it !