Project Pinterest at The DIY Club

by Holly LL on February 6, 2012

Pin It

Maybe you have heard about this little phenomenon sweeping the webworld…. Pinterest! It is changing the way we look at blogs, watch for trends, and find inspiration. And of course we LOVE it!    Be sure to follow The DIY Club Pinterest Board! We love it so much that we want to see what you have been doing on Pinterest too, because really can you get enough of it???? We can’t!

GRAB A PROJECT PINTEREST BUTTON IN THE FOOTER

(scroll all the way to the bottom of the DIY Club site)

We are experiencing a few difficulties with the button in the post…but we are working on it!

What exactly does that mean?

Well it does NOT have to be all valentiney.

Bring on the RED furniture!

RED dress!

RED Crafts!

Maybe event that RED stop sign you found at the junk yard…

and of course we accept hearts!

If it is RED  and you PIN IT to YOUR Pin Board…we want to see it!

Here is a little sample of the RED loveliness we have been collecting atThe DIY Club

We {HEART} RED

RED hearts (’tis the season) via earthboundwinglessdreams via Pinterest
**********************
 RED Valentine’s via Bunco Betty’s (etsy) via Pinterest
**********************
 RED Flowers via Jessicakes via Pinterest
**********************
And, before we head out… you always can use a new pair of shoes or a dress for a party, right?
Perfect RED fashion from Matchbook via Pinterest

Now, are you ready for the RED PARTY now?

The RULES – Here’s what you have to do: 1 – CREATE a Pin Board (on Pinterest) and name it: I {heart} RED at The DIY Club 2 -FOLLOW The DIY Club on Pinterest 3 – Make your first pin the link to THIS POST AND USE THIS PIN IT BUTTON RIGHT HERE TO DO SO! Pin It

4 – Fill your board up with RED inspiration Include anything RED that inspires you (clothing, accessories, crafts, furniture, repurposed items – you name it, it just has to be RED!)

5 - Link it up – link the url of your “I {heart} RED at The DIY Club” pin board to the linky here (PLEASE LINK YOUR PIN BOARD…not your blog). NOTE:  If you experience an issue with uploading an image directly from your Pinterest page while linking up, TRY THIS~go to your I {heart} Red at The DIY Club Pin Board; save one image from the board to use as a thumbnail; link up the url of your Pin Board and when you get to the image selection (step 4) select “From File” and use the image you just saved as the thumbnail.

Schedule:

First Monday: Theme is announced

Second Monday: Linky Opens

Third Monday (at midnight PST): Party closes

Fourth Monday: Features and maybe a hint to the next months theme!

We will feature THREE – 3 – Boards!

Just remember to follow the RULES for a chance to be featured.

And in the meantime we will all find new fabulous boards to follow and inspiration to inspire out creativity!
Pin It

GRAB A PROJECT PINTEREST BUTTON IN THE FOOTER
(scroll all the way to the bottom of the DIY Club site)

Aimee Steckowski February 6, 2012 at 2:29 am

so so fun — stopped by via Holly at 504Main.. this is going on my “to do” list this week and will link up soon!! :) cheers!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart February 6, 2012 at 7:22 am

I have a pinboard dedicated to all things red and white but I’m too lazy to rename it. Sounds like fun though. Good luck! I’ll have to check out what others have since red is my most favorite favorite color.

Angie @ Postcards from the Ridge February 6, 2012 at 11:56 am

Great idea. I’m following the DIY Club and have created a board, but I can’t get the linky tool to link to the page for a thumbnail image. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Here’s the link: http://pinterest.com/akraeske/i-heart-red-at-the-diy-club/
Angie

Roeshel February 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm

So fun! I tip: I had to upload my own image into the Linky Tools – it wouldn’t let me grab images from my pinterest link. Hope that helps!

Cheri February 6, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I did too Roeshel. I just grabbed one of the photos, saved it and then added it in.

I can not wait to see everyone’s inspiration.

Cheri

Angie @ Postcards from the Ridge February 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Uploading an image that I saved from the page to my computer worked. Thanks for the tip. And thanks for the fun party. I’m so addicted to pinterest. It’s like being a kid in a candy store for me.
Angie

Naila Moon February 6, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I am new. Somehow I fell upon this page. I went to everyone’s pages and love all the stuff.
Hope you enjoy mine.
Peace…Naila Moon

Cheri February 7, 2012 at 9:10 am

I have followed and pinned from entries #1 – # 13.

Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

holly ll February 7, 2012 at 12:13 pm

What beautiful boards already! The DIY Club is following all of your lovely board (1-15 so far!)

The Open Window February 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I started following the diy club on pinterest and just uploaded my entry. Such a great idea I cant wait to do next months.

Cheri February 7, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I agree Holly–I have follwed and pinned through #18

Cheri

Cheri February 9, 2012 at 6:31 am

I have followed and pinned through #25. I love this–so many great ones.

Cheri

Drama Mama Lori February 12, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Hi! What a great idea! I just linked up #29 and have started pinning! (I am having a bit of trouble with the button though, wanted to put it on my sidebar) Thanks for hosting! ~Lori

Tina @ Babycakes Blog February 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I entered my red board. Just an FYI the code you have for us to grab for our blogs doesn’t work. When I paste it in all it says is, “Project Also, I noticed that you do not have the end link code so it will cause problems for people on the rest of their blog.

Cheri February 15, 2012 at 6:15 pm

followed and pinned through #31

claire February 18, 2012 at 4:25 am

I have made my board but can’t link up,here is my board http://pinterest.com/claireoxox/i-heart-red-at-the-diy-club/ it wont let me add photo’s :)

Cheri February 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

I added it in for you Claire. You have to save a picture then add it from your files. I am checking with the owner of Linky Tools to see why it doesn’t allow a photo from the boards to be added in.

Tina February 19, 2012 at 9:41 am

This is a great idea. I have created my board, followed on pinterest, and I’m a new (linky) follower. I am off to check out the other boards.

Have a wonderful day.

Shelley Novonty February 20, 2012 at 4:08 am

I just found your site using pinterest, and started following you. My pinterest accout is at http://pinterest.com/ShelleyNovonty/ I love pinning! All of my links including pinterest can be found here. http://xeeme.com/ShelleyNovotny/ I also posted your link on my JunkArta facebook. I am looking forward to visiting you often.

Shelley Novonty

Shelley Novonty February 21, 2012 at 2:48 am

Actually this is the link I added the correct button to the post

Cheri February 22, 2012 at 7:40 am

Shelley-I think you meant to leave this message at http://www.diyshowoff.com

Cheri