Loving most things Pottery Barn, I was inspired by the PB Found Parat Mirrors
but the price tag of $79/each isn’t in my budget. I’ve always wanted to do something with convex mirrors so I decided to create a DIY version.
- Styrofoam 12″ wreath forms (I used 3)
- DecoArt MagiKote
- Dark brown spray paint
- DecoArt Americana paints (Ebony and Traditional Burnt Umber)
- Hot glue
- 8 1/2″ Convex mirror (x3) (PARTSMART SMR729193 8-1/2″ Offset Mount Convex Mirror)
1. Using a foam brush, coat the top and sides of Styrofoam wreath form and let dry.
The DecoArt MagiKote seals the Styrofoam, creating a paintable surface.
Without on the left, MagiKote on the right…
2. Give each Styrofoam wreath form 2 coats of spray paint (dry between coats).
3. Remove brackets from back of convex mirrors.
4. Attach convex mirrors to center of wreath with hot glue. I used hot glue on the back of each mirror. Once in applied to the Styrofoam in the center, I used hot glue around the perimeter of each mirror too.
5. Touch up with Americana paints.
6. Let dry and hang using Command velcro strips.
What do you think? See where these mirrors are going and more DIY at