When I saw this Martha Stewart image…
I started collecting wooden candlesticks from thrift stores and yard sales…
- Wooden candle sticks
- Candles (color matching my Patio Paints)
- Deco Art Patio Paint (dark eucalyptus green, waterfall, fuchsia, buttercup)
- Deco Art Patio Paint reusable Home & Garden stick on stencils
- dark glaze (TransTint Dye by Rockler)
1. I gave my wooden candlesticks a few coats of Patio Paint each. Because I didn’t sand the wood, it went on with a dry brush technique (I preferred this – an antiqued look). Let dry between coats.
2. I brushed on and wiped off watered down glaze (TransTint dye).
3. The Deco Art stencil was sticky (and reusable) making stenciling super easy:
The end result:
Love the finish – fun colorful accent for our family room makeover.
See more DIY at